BRD-Groupe Societe Generale SA is a strong bank with over 90 years of tradition in Romania, being the second largest bank in the country by total assets.
With 915 branches, 8,800 employees and more than 2.3 million clients, we are a universal bank present in all segments of the market: individuals, private banking, micro finance, SME’s, major corporate, investment banking, asset management.
BRD is offering RON clearing services to any resident or non-resident banks and financial institutions developing business in the Romanian currency (RON).
BRD also clears the following foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HUF, JPY, NOK, PLN, SEK, USD.
ReGIS is the national RTGS of payments in domestic currency provided by the National Bank of Romania.
The system is used for the settlement of central bank's operations, interbank transfers, as well as of urgent or large-value payments in Romanian Leu (above 50,000 lei).
ReGIS ensures the real-time processing (on a continuous basis) and the settlement in the central bank money, with immediate finality.
Transfers cleared via SWIFT by BRD are:
• Commercial Payments (MT103 / outgoing MT103 + full STP),
• Treasury Payments (MT200 / MT202) full STP, MT202COV full STP (outgoing) and MT203 full STP (Multiple General Financial Institution Transfers).
The RON standard offer of BRD includes:
• Credit Transfers,
• Commercial and Treasury Payments.
Daily account statements issued by BRD via SWIFT upon customer’s demand:
• MT 940, MT942 or MT950.
• MT 998: Interest rates (expected in october 2015)
Web tool available only for reporting:
We can offer our customers (banks and financial institutions) the possibility to monitor online the accounts opened with BRD via the local Internet Banking tool: BRD@ffice.
The service is available at the dedicated address www.brdoffice.ro and accessible 24 h a day, 7 days a week; the application is available both in Romanian and English.
Benefits for our customers:
• BRD has strong market expertise and is the bank of choice for more than 48 banks worldwide,
• transactions processed on value date,
• RON offer, fully convertible since 2007, is well adapted to foreign banks without a local presence,
• dedicated team,
• easy to use webtool for monitoring the transactions into the RON account compiling BRD excellent knowledge of the local market with the know-how of a well known international clearer (Societe Generale Group).